I am proud to announce I have secured funding in the 2023-24 Budget to deliver a significant upgrade for Willmington Park, Alderley. This is part of my commitment to providing safer access to local schools, upgrading our drainage and flood resilience, improving our parks, and supporting community events.
Works will include upgrading the playground, hard courts, picnic facilities, providing better shelters and shade, and installing connecting pathways. Weather permitting, works are scheduled for completion by the end of this financial year:
- Upgrading playground equipment including new rubber under-surfacing for climbing area
- New playground unit for ages 2 – 12, swings and new climbing unit, rocker and/or spinner
- Installation of new soft fall under playground
- New fencing installation along Edith Street to meet current safety standards
- New picnic shelter installation near court area (BBQ to remain in place, accessible from both shelters)
- Installation of new connecting pathway throughout park to link existing shelter, new shelter, BBQ and playground
- New line markings for existing court area, including a half court, double hopscotch, rebound wall and two handball courts
Upgrading our community facilities is part of my ongoing commitment to improving our suburbs and making Enoggera Ward an even better place to live.