I have always been committed to improving our community’s transport and I am proud to provide safer access to our local schools.
SAFER ACCESS TO WINDSOR STATE SCHOOL
In 2023-24 I have secured funding to design improvements to the intersection of Harris Street, and Lutwyche Road. Investigations and design will occur later this financial year, and I will advocate for our community to deliver any proposed improvements as soon as possible.
Following a meeting with school representatives including the Principal and State Government Officers from DTMR, Council conducted investigations and completed works around the school where they had authority to do so in late 2022. Please see below for more information.
TRAFFIC CALMING PROPOSED FOR CONSTITUTION ROAD
Following traffic counts indicating high volume and speed of traffic, Constitution Road has been officially listed by Council for a Local Area Traffic Management Scheme. This will include planning, design, and consultation with directly affected residents to seek support for future traffic calming. I am seeking your feedback to understand whether this project is supported before funding is secured to proceed:
SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS ALREADY DELIVERED FOR WINDSOR STATE SCHOOL AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITY
- Council extended the School Zone and relocated signage further south along Lutwyche Rd, prior to Constitution Rd (JUN 2022)
- Council Transport Planning and Operations Officer reviewed carpark entry, and queuing from Passenger Loading Zone on Constitution Road (NOV 2022)
- Council does not have jurisdiction to address infrastructure on school grounds including the carpark, but I wrote to the Minister for Education to ask that the State Government address concerns as a priority (DEC 2022)
- New No Parking Zone 2pm-4pm School Days for 4 car lengths on the approach to the carpark on Constitution Rd (JAN 2023)
- New No Parking Zone 2pm-4pm School Days for 10 car lengths on the approach to the Children’s Crossing on Constitution Rd (JAN 2023)
- School Zone road markings and signage relocated closer to the intersection of Harris St and Lutwyche Rd to improve visibility and assist in maintaining a lower speed environment along the corridor during school hours, repainted (APR 2023)
- Council proactive parking patrols in highly visible City Safety vehicles, providing education to drivers about safe parking around schools & enforcement when required to improve safety (APR 2023, TERM 2)
Please note moving vehicle offences including speeding can only be enforced by Police
- Constitution Rd officially listed for future traffic calming, including planning, design, and consultation with directly affected residents to seek support (LISTED AUG 2023)
- Funding secured for design & investigation to improve intersection of Harris St and Lutwyche Rd (2023-24)
Making it easier and safer for our community to access local schools is part of my ongoing commitment to improve our suburbs and make Enoggera Ward an even better place to live.