Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the start of construction to upgrade the intersection at Days Road and Kedron Brook Road, Wilston. Works are due to commence the end of July 2018 and are anticipated to be complete by December 2018, weather and construction conditions permitting.
This project will see the installation of traffic signals to improve traffic efficiency, reduce congestion and increase safety for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists. These works involve:
- Replacing the existing roundabout with new traffic signals with controlled pedestrian/cycle crossings
- Installing a left-turn slip lane from Kedron Brook Road into Days Road with controlled pedestrian/cycle crossing
- Installing a combination of new shared pathways and sections of bicycle lane on Kedron Brook Road, Days Road and Uxbridge Street
- Installing a concrete centre median on Days Road on the eastern side of the intersection
- Installing yellow lines to formalise parking restrictions and new signs for peak-hour parking bans on Days Road
- Changing access at Uxbridge Street to left-in and left-out only
The majority of construction activity is scheduled to take place from Sunday to Thursday, between 7pm and 5am, weather permitting. For safety reasons, work will be undertaken at night when traffic and pedestrian volumes are lowest. Every effort will be made to minimise disruption to the local community during this work and, where possible, particularly noisy works will be completed by 11pm.
This intersection was identified as a priority location to be upgraded in the Wilston-Grange Precinct Transport Study. In the 2016 Brisbane City Council election, Lord Mayor Graham Quirk and myself committed to upgrading the intersection at Days Road and Kedron Brook Road to help cater for the existing and future traffic demands along this road corridor.
I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during these important works to improve the safety and efficiency through the intersection.
If you have any questions about this work please contact the project team on 1800 669 416 or email email@example.com. For information outside of business hours please call Council’s 24-hour contact centre on 3403 8888.